“To you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is the Messiah, the Lord. 12This will be a sign for you: you will find a child wrapped in bands of cloth and lying in a manger.’ 13And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God and saying,
14 ‘Glory to God in the highest heaven,
and on earth peace among those whom he favors!’” Luke 2:11-14
Merry Christmas 2020 and Happy New Year! I hope this letter finds you well.
I just wanted to take a moment to write to you and let you know that I have been thinking of you in 2020. I know that this has been a rough year for many, with the COVID 19 crisis keeping us apart. I hope you have been safe and your family is too.
There have been plenty of happenings in 2020 to keep us in touch.
- If you would like to be added to the church’s email list, send a message to me at email@example.com.
- Services will continue to be streamed, even once in-person worship begins again, at www.facebook.com/hillschurchexport. You do not need to be a member of Facebook to watch: you only need a computer or smartphone.
- In early spring 2021, we expect to have copies of the 200th Anniversary Book for purchase, “Sowing and Reaping Together.”
- If you would like to receive an entire box of offering envelopes, please contact the church office and we will get them to you as soon as we can. You can also now give through the GivePlus App on a smartphone or under the giving tab above.
- We are optimistically looking toward celebrating our 200th Anniversary in person. The plan was to do this in 2020 but we are ramping up to celebrate in 2021 just as much as we would have in 2020.
- In 2019 and 2020, we had a Transformation Task Force which has put together a plan for Emmanuel. That plan is for the congregation to be an intergenerational community full of long-time members, children, and members who are new to the church or area. More information about this great work will be coming in the next few months.
- If you haven’t had a chance to see the church’s extraordinary Christmas Eve Worship Service, you can watch it at www.facebook.com/hillschurchexport/videos/. Feel free to share it with your family and friends. Thanks to Heather and Logan Clark for putting it all together!
I thank you for your support of Emmanuel Church in the past and for your continued prayers.
If there is something you are in need of, please don’t hesitate to contact me at the church office or my cell phone (412) 956-5252 so that I, or someone may be able to minister to you.
Rest assured though, that you are missed, and appreciated!
Grace and Peace, Pastor Joseph
“Lindisfarne Gospels, Saint Luke the Evangelist” by profzucker is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 2.0