|Harvest Home in 1952.|
Dear Friends and Members of Emmanuel Church,
It’s the day before Thanksgiving up on God’s Hill.
A few updates from up on the Hill:
- This Saturday, at 9 a.m., we will be having a COVID careful Hanging of the Greens to decorate for Christmas. We won’t be going all out this year but will be putting up some things to get us through December. If you’d like to help, thanks in advance.
- The First Sunday of Advent is this Sunday, November 29th. I will be preaching on the Book of Daniel. Masks and social distancing are still required for in person worship and streaming is still available on the church’s Facebook page.
- After worship on December 6th will be the Congregational Meeting to elect Consistory for 2021. Please talk to Logan Clark or Wayne Moore if you are interested in serving. The meeting will be in person and by Zoom. A Zoom link will go out next week, or you can talk to the pastor to get it.
- December 13th at 2 p.m. Emmanuel is partnering with the Murrysville Historical Preservation Society to have a 200th Anniversary Advent Devotional Service in the Sanctuary. Reservations are required and you will be able to register soon.
- Due to the ever-changing Covid restrictions, Christmas Eve at 7 p.m. will be streamed. If you would like to attend in person, you will need to mask, socially distance, and register at the link found here. Since we are limited to how many people we can safely have in the sanctuary, it is first come, first served. If we go over capacity, we may open up another service at 9 p.m. You can also register by calling the church at 724-327-3050. Questions? Call the Pastor at 412-956-5252.
- We had a wonderful guest preacher last Sunday, Tim Florian. If you would like to support his ministry, read more about it, or contact him, here is the link to his Fellowship of Christian Athletes page.
Grace and Peace,
Featured image is: of King David, Psalm 55:6. 1865. Frederic Leighton. Public Domain. Cleveland Museum of Art.
2 responses to “Happy Thanksgiving from the Pastor, Staff and Consistory”
Don’t know ! I don’t remember this? It was 1952 would Robb be the minster?
Sent from my iPad
Yes, Rev. Robb was minister in 1952.