Schedule of Services for Holy Week/Easter:
- Friday night, March 23rd is the last of our Cluster Services for Lent. We will meet at First UCC in Harrison City at 7:30 p.m. The topic is Connecting to God: Angels. We will examine how God’s message has been spread by angels throughout the Bible and through human experience.
- Palm Sunday Worship at 10:15 a.m. This Sunday, March 25th is Palm Sunday. We will commemorate Jesus’ entry into Jerusalem and the Chancel Choir will present the gospel with songs and traditional hymns in a program called: “Resurrection Alleluias.”
An Easter Egg hunt for the children will follow worship.
- Thursday Evening–Maundy Thursday. 6:30: Soup supper with Communion service to follow. We will meet for the meal and the service in the Steele Educational Building.
- Friday night at 7 p.m.–Good Friday Service with readings from congregation members who will demonstrate what the ‘eyewitnesses’ to Jesus’ final week saw and heard. This will be held in the sanctuary.
- Easter Sunday–6:30 a.m. Community Sunrise Service in the Cemetery. (Weather permitting). We will gather in the Steele building and make our way out to the cross in the Emmanuel cemetery.
- 8 a.m.–-Early service of Easter with Renewal of Baptismal vows and communion by intinction. In the Sanctuary.
- 10:15 a.m.–Later Easter Service with Renewal of Baptismal vows and pew communion.
- Easter Breakfast will be served from 7 to 9:45 a.m. in the fellowship hall (lower level) of the church. If you would like to help with the Easter Breakfast or would like to bring something, please contact the church office at 724-327-3050. Everyone is invited!
Featured image above depicts Jesus arriving at the temple in a Palm Sunday Procession from 2013 in Mexico. Used by Permission of a Creative Commons License.
See you in church!
Grace and Peace,