On Thursday, March 23rd come on in and help celebrate the first few days of Spring with Messy Church. If you are not familiar with Messy Church, now is the time to get in on the ground floor of a new way to worship God and join a community of friends.
But what’s Messy Church?
Messy Church Frequently Asked Questions
- What happens at Messy Church? Messy Church is a form of church for children and adults that involves creative crafts, songs, supper and is informal.
- When is Messy Church? Messy Church meets at a time that suits our busy lifestyles. That’s why we offer supper, we believe you are busy enough. So, you can feed your family, learn about the Bible and worship God in one event!
- Sounds like Sunday School. Is it? Not at all! First off, we don’t meet on Sundays. Secondly, it’s not every week but monthly. Third, all parts of Messy Church are for, and include, people of all ages, adults and children.
- But is it really church? Yes! Although the format is informal, it includes prayers, songs, and an explanation of the Bible. You will encounter God at Messy Church; just maybe in a manner you never have before. Messy Church is a church for people at all stages of their faith journey and of any age .
- Why should I participate in Messy Church? Because it is about Jesus! Any time we can make a closer encounter with Him is a good time. Messy Church at Hill’s has as its goal: to introduce Jesus, to encounter him and to grow closer to him.
- You’ve used the word ‘family’ a couple of times now. But I’m single. Is Messy Church for me? Absolutely! We don’t exclude anyone–we believe as the apostle Paul did, that in Christ, the Gospel is for everyone (Galatians 3:28).
Frequently asked questions about Messy Church adapted from the Messy Church homepage at http://www.messychurch.org.uk