Good morning friends and members of Emmanuel Church,
This Sunday, September 21st is our weekly worship. The sermon message comes from Matthew 20 and deals with a parable Jesus told about laborers working in God’s vineyard and the Kingdom of God. This is where we hear Jesus saying, “The first shall be last and the last shall be first.” (See the photograph to the right.) The title of the sermon is “Award for Last Place.”
Saturday, September 27th is our next 10-10-10 Invitational Event: We will meet at 10 a.m. in the Upper Pavilion at Townshend Park. We will be having breakfast and just getting together to share with each other. Everyone is invited! Come have a cup of coffee with your friends!
Mark Your Calendars:
- Bible Study has started again after the summer break, every Tuesday at 10 a.m. We have begun the Book of Revelation. Jennifer and I had the priviledge of visiting the churches of Revelation in 2000. You will be challenged by the book but an ‘eyewitness’ perspective to the places and themes in Revelation will be offered.
- Tuesday, September 30th, Friends and Members of Hill’s will be Gathering at Salem Lutheran Church in Delmont to serve at the Soup Kitchen. Time is from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m. You do not have to be a member of Hill’s to serve! Bring a friend and lighten the load.
- The Neighbors in Need Offering will be on the First Sunday of October. You can read more about Neighbors in Need here.
- Murrysville CROP Walk to End Hunger is on October 12th at 1:30 p.m. Please see me if you would like to walk–I have the resistration forms.
- Fall Festival/Halloween Pary/Trunk or Treat is Scheduled for October 25th from 1-4. Events are planned from 1 to 3:45, ending with a costume parade for the children, awards for best costumes, Trunk or Treating and Bonfire at 4. We need volunteers, like last year, to bring your cars and your candy to give out to kids!
Grace and Peace,